Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 295) Graceful nail art

Today I bought a beautiful polish at Claire's.
In fact, it is so beautiful that I didn't want to cover it with a nail art.
Let's start with some swatches so you know what I'm talking about:

 
 
Claire's 60484 Glitter Pink/Purple
 
First of all I don't know why it's also called a pink. I only see a beautiful purple. Now that I'm taking a better look at my pictures you might see that the holo glitter that have a pink glance show more in the pictures...but that's the only pink I can see!
This polish is build up with purple microglitter (mostly), silver microglitter (a little less than the purple) and holo microglitter (rich).
It applies simular to a liquid sand, but maybe with less opacity.
The first coat gives an even glitter look on the nails with a purple glance. You can still see the difference between nail and tip in color.
The second coat makes an almost opaque result, besides some spots round the cuticles.
A third and fourth layer is just to make it perfect.
Application wise this is easy. Polish spreads even and dries quite quickly (which is really nice when you have to apply 3 to 4 coats).
The holo glitter sparkles in every light (artificial and natural) giving taht WOW-factor :D
I didn't want to ruin the holo effect so the pictures above are without topcoat.
But after making my nail art design I decided to give it a chance and applied a topcoat....it got even more prettier!!!
Like I said before, I didn't want to cover these nails with a nail art but as you all knwo my challenge is 365 days of "Nail art" so I felt I had to...
I decided to go for something a bit graceful.
Nothing special; some dots, a swirl, flowers and a tiny butterfly

 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. But it is beautiful-the accent nail is perfect with this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought Claire's had such a pretty polish! I might have to stop by soon (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another sparkly one that I'm saving for Christmas.
      I especially like their special polishes (glitters, jelly's)

      Delete
  3. Whoa, bling bling!! Love the holographic purple (yeap, it appears purple to me too) :D The sparkles are stunning and polishes like this are just so interesting to wear them on their own (without nail art) and the accent totally compliments this polish ^.^

    ReplyDelete