Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Swatches, review and nail art Jior Couture Summer Collection 2014 #JiorNailsAndDrink (part 1)

Recently I received 3 lacquers from the new summer collection by Jior Couture for review.
If I put it all together it will be a huge post so I decided to divide it into 3 parts.

+Jior Couture is an Indie brand located in the US.
Besides the beautiful collections they are bringing, they also provide the service of making your own custom nail lacquer with desired color, bottle size, finish and name!

The new summer collection 2014, which will be released on June 28, is called #JiorNailsAndDrink.
The collection will consist of Photochromic (changes color/gets darker in sunlight), shimmer, fluorescent, and glow in the dark lacquers.
There will be 6 colors/flavors:
1) Orange - Mango
2) Purple - Mixed Berry
3) Red - Raspberry
4) Yellow - Pineapple
5) Green - Green Apple
6) Blue - Blueberry
Each color/flavor will have 4 drink inspired lacquers and a flavor scented topcoat. For example Mango scented topcoat, Mixed Berry scented topcoat etc.
The 15 ml bottles will come with a recipe card for its inspired drink!
Jior Couture also decided to offer you 9 ml bottles for full collection (30 pieces) or color/flavor group collection (5 pieces).

The 3 lacquers I received are:
- Blueberry-Ade
Source: http://www.ec21.com/product-details/Blueberry-Ade--7672514.html

- Raspberry Lemon Slush
Source: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/06/excuse-us-while-we-play-in-the-sprinklers.html

- Mango Lassi
Source: http://parulmehra.blogspot.nl/2011/05/mango-lassi.html

Part 1 will be all about Blueberry-Ade.
Blueberry-Ade belongs to the blue color/flavor group.

Swatches

Picture taken in the sun

Picture taken in the shade

Picture taken in the sun

Picture taken in the shade

Review

Blueberry-Ade is a gorgeous blue shimmer that reaches opaqueness in 2-3 coats.
The polish is syrupy like a jelly and a bit streaky but workable though.
It dries to a semi matte/satin like finish.
I didn't use any topcoat in the swatch pictures as I want to show you the polish how it is.
I did find some black speckles in there as well. I'm not sure if they were meant to be in there (it could also be some pigment joined together) but it reminded me of small fruit seeds :D
In the shade and inside the house the polish looks like a medium blue metallic but outside or when it hits the light the gorgeous shimmer shows its true beauty!

Nail art

I had some more to swatch so I decided to keep it simple.
The color reminds me of water. 
I love water (for drinking, for swimming, for ice skating, for bathing).
I went for bubbles.
I used a nail art brush and white acrylic to paint the bubbles.
Starting with a completely white circle and then used the same brush with water to thin the inner part of the circle.
Picture is in the shade and with topcoat.


Want to keep up to date on what +Jior Couture is bringing?
You can follow them here:

6 comments:

  1. OMG. I'm partial to blues but this one...I think I haven't got anything similar in my drawers. It looks so silky *__*
    I need it. It's a nail polish I would definitely plunge into <3
    And the bubbles fit perfectly, I'm always fascinated by bubble NA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It seems I have a thing with blue shimmers but this shade is finally different. I love it!
      And the NA is okay for a quickie :D
      Thank you!!!

      Delete